1. What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
(a) concerning visitors to www.montfort.london, we may handle information about your use of this website including your IP address, browser and other details related to your visit (see more in section 2 below);
(b) concerning journalists and other market commentators, we hold names, contact details, sector interests and associated publications of people reporting on or having a known interest in companies, sectors and services with which Montfort is related;
This information may be provided to us by third party services such as Gorkana (http://www.gorkana.com/), Roxhill (https://roxhillmedia.com/) and online registries where journalists promote their interests e.g. https://muckrack.com/ and https://www.journalism.co.uk/
(c) concerning other parties with whom we communicate, we may hold names, contact details and information related to previous contact but only where we have
i. obtained explicit consent;
ii. a contractual obligation is in place (e.g. clients, suppliers, etc.); or
iii. some other lawful basis exists.
(d) concerning sensitive personal information – including (but not exclusively) information related to race, religious beliefs, health and sexual orientation – Montfort does not intentionally collect or hold such data unless permitted by some contractual or legal obligation or given the explicit consent of the owner. Montfort considers that the unilateral provision of sensitive personal information by an individual constitutes explicit consent as required by regulation.
2. Information about website visits
We may collect information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. We may use this information in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability, and for marketing purposes.
A cookie is a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The text file is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser. We may send a cookie which may be stored on your browser on your computer’s hard drive.
We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website, and to personalise our website for you. Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
3. Using your personal data
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- ensure that information Montfort shares goes to relevant recipients in accordance with regulations;
- provide other companies with statistical information about our users; although this information will not be used to identify any individual user.
Journalists, analysts, market commentators and similar: Personal data included in circulation lists used for the sharing of client information may be used to:
- distribute press releases via targeted circulation lists ensuring that relevant information goes to interested parties;
- contact individuals to discuss information related to Montfort and our clients; and
- contact individuals to extend invitations to meet Montfort staff and client representatives, and to attend events, presentations and visits on behalf of Montfort and our clients;
Other parties: Other than in situations where Montfort shares information on behalf of its clients, we may communicate with individuals for marketing and other purposes. We may use this personal information to promote Montfort’s services or promote initiatives that are of concern to us including the support of good causes and professional development within our industry.
Legal basis for use: Montfort processes personal information only where a lawful reason exists which may be on the basis of:
- legitimate interests: processing information to allow it to share information about clients, sectors and services with individuals having a professional interest;
- contractual obligation: processing information to meet the needs of clients, employees and business partners;
- legal obligation: processing information where required to meet governmental, regulatory and other legal requirements;
- consent: in the absence of circumstances described above, Montfort may process information when in receipt of explicit consent from the owners
4. Other disclosures
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- to clients, where you have an interest in their affairs as a journalist or other professional commentator;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- to the purchaser or seller (or prospective purchaser or seller) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling or purchasing.
5. Policy amendments
6. Your rights
Montfort respects the rights of individuals to
- request and receive any personal information we hold about you;
- correct any details we hold related to you;
- instruct us to delete any information we hold about you;
- ensure that we process / handle your information exactly as you wish;
- request the transfer of data we hold on you to another party; and
- object to the way we process your data;
We do not profile individuals or take action based upon automated decision making.
Personal information gathered and processed on a legal basis will be retained only if there is expectation of future use. Where information is deleted in response to the request of an owner, Montfort may retain the minimal amount necessary to demonstrate compliance subsequently.
In general, we will respond to requests for information free of charge but we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee in some circumstances.
7. Third party websites
The Montfort website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites.
8. Contact us
Individuals wishing Montfort to take action related to personal information held by us should visit https://bit.ly/MontfortData